Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Awake....deluxe!?

So, as some of you may already know, I have preordered 3 copies of Awake, for the different goodies that come with them. I bought one preorder at a show I went to in Greensburg April 5. I bought one from ChristianBook.com, because of the sick-freakin'-nasty T-Shirt that comes with it. I bought one from Skillet's official one for a second T-Shirt and a signed Tour-Pass souvenir.

Today, it was revealed that there will be a Deluxe edition of Awake, and NO ONE was aware of it before today. Skillet's management let us prebuy something without knowing all of our options! Now, it is conceivable that they will send a Deluxe edition instead of standard for the prebuy, however some nagging part of me doesn't think so. And if gut instincts don't cut it for you, I have other reasons, but none I'm at liberty to share.

It comes with 2 songs not on the standard release. The real question is are these 2 songs acoustics of songs on the record, B-Sides (Smile Again, perhaps?), or entirely new songs? Probably the latter, but I'm not sure of anything right now.

Another question: If they do not automatically send Deluxe to prebuyers, will there be an option to uprgrade our purchase, or do I have to buy a 4th copy of the album?

It would seem to me, from this and several other incidents, that certain members of Skillet's management could care less about the bands morals, and are doing anything to promote them, and their only goal is success.

I'll add another blog as soon as I have more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment